INDDEX24 Dissementation Event
- Using the INDDEX24 Dietary Assessment Platform: A Demo and Discussion: https://vimeo.com/569106829
ANH Academy Week Learning Labs
- INDDEX24 Dietary Assessment Plaform (2020): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XSVrtSMy6w
International Conference on Diet and Activity Methods (ICDAM) 2021, Keynote Presention:
American Society for Nutrition 2021, Using Innovative Technologies for Nutrition and Dietary Assessment in Low- and Middle-Income Countries:
- Validation of a digitally displayed photographic food portion-size estimation aid among women in urban and rural Malawi. Valerie L Flax, Chrissie Thakwalakwa, Courtney H Schnefke, Heather Stobaugh, John C Phuka, Jennifer Coates, Beatrice Rogers, Winnie Bell, Brooke Colaiezzi, Mary K Muth. Public Health Nutrition, 22,17, December 2019. doi: 10.1017/S1368980019002428.
- Optimizing portion-size estimation aids: a formative evaluation in Malawi. Courtney H Schnefke, Chrissie Thakwalakwa, Mary K Muth, John Phuka, Jennifer Coates, Beatrice Rogers, Brooke Colaiezzi, Winnie Bell, Valerie L Flax. Public Health Nutrition, 22,17, December 2019. doi: 10.1017/S1368980019001733.
- Getting the food list 'right': an approach for the development of nutrition-relevant food lists for household consumption and expenditure surveys. Winnie Bell, Jennifer Coates, Beatrice Rogers, Odilia Bermudez. Public Health Nutrition, 22,2, November 2018. doi: 10.1017/S1368980018002847.
- Global Dietary Surveillance: Data Gaps and Challenges. Renata Micha, Jennifer Coates, Catherine Leclercq, U Ruth Charrondiere, Dariush Mozaffarian. Food and Nutrition Bulletin, 39,2, June 2018. doi: 10.1177/0379572117752986.
- Scaling up Dietary Data for Decision-Making in Low-Income Countries: New Technoligical Frontiers. Winnie Bell, Brooke Colaiezzi, Cathleen Prata, Jennifer Coates; Advances in Nutrition, 8, November 2017. doi: 10.3945/an.116.014308.
- Measurement Errors in Dietary Assessment Challenges Using Self-Resported 24-Hour Recalls in Low-Income Countries and Strategies for Their Prevention. Rosalind Gibson, U. Ruth Charrondiere, Winnie Bell. Advances in Nutrition. 8,6, November 2017. doi: 10.3945/an.117.016980
- Filling a dietary data gap? Validation of the adult male equivalent method of estimating individual nutrient intakes from household-level data in Ethiopia and Bangladesh. Jennifer Coates, Beatrice Rogers, Alexander Blau, Jacqueline Lauer, Alemzewed Roba. Food Policy, 72, October 2017. doi:10.1016/j.foodpol.2017.08.010
- How Can We Better Capture Food Away from Home? Lessons from India’s Linking Person-Level Meal and Household-Level Food Data. John Fiedler, Suryakant Yadav. Food Policy, 72, October 2017. doi: 10.1016/j.foodpol.2017.08.015.
- Overcoming Dietary Assessment Challenges in Low-Income Countries: Technological Solutions Proposed by the International Dietary Data Expansion (INDDEX) Project. Jennifer Coates, Brooke Colaiezzi, Winnie Bell, U. Ruth Charrondiere, and Catherine Leclercq. Nutrients, 9,3, March 2017. doi: 10.3390/nu9030289
- Nutrition and Food Security in Burkina Faso – Diagnostic Overview. Beliyou Haile, Chris Gray, Carlo Azzarri, Arkadeep Bandyopadhyay, Edward Kato. IFPRI. Febrary 28, 2019.
- Production, Consumption, and Food Security in Viet Nam - Diagnostic Overview. Chungmann Kim, Cristina Alvarez, Abdul Sattar, Arkadeep Bandyopadhyay, Carlo Azzarri, Ana Moltedo, Beliyou Haile. IFPRI & FAO. September 2019.
- Analyzing the drivers of a balanced diet: Evidence from Burkina Faso. Arkadeep Bandyopadhyay, Beliyou Haile, Carlo Azzarri, Jerome Some. IFPRI & Tufts University. 2019.
- Exploring the Association between Agricultural Production Systems and Household Diets in Viet Nam. Arkadeep Bandyopadhyay, Carlo Azzarri, Beliyou Haile, Chungmann Kim, Cristina Alvarez, Ana Moltedo, Abdul Sattar, Winnie Bell, Beatrice L. Rogers. IFPRI, FAO & Tufts University. 2020.
- INDDEX Priority Technical Criteria and Review of Technology-assisted 24-hour Recall Software Programs. Jennifer Coates PhD, Brooke Colaiezzi MS, Winnie Bell MS/MPH, and Rosalind Gibson, PhD.
- Optimizing the use of ADePT-Food Security Module for Nutrient Analysis. ADePT-FSM Version 3. Ana Moltedo, Cristina Álvarez Sánchez, Nathalie Troubat, and Carlo Cafiero. Statistics Division (ESS), Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. Rome, 2018.
- Imputing nutrient intake from foods prepared and consumed away from home and other composite foods. Dena Mwangi, John Fiedler, Celeste Sununtnasuk. 2017.
- Improving household consumption and expenditure surveys' food consumption metrics: Developing a strategic approach to the unfinished agenda. John Fiedler, Dena Mwangi. 2016.
- Using household consumption and expenditure surveys to make inferences about food consumption, nutrient intakes and nutrition status. John Fiedler, Dena Mwange. 2016.
- Validation and user experience study of INDDEX24, a novel global dietary assessment platform in Burkina Faso and Viet Nam. Winnie Bell, Jennifer Coates, Jerome Some, Brooke Colaiezzi, Sarah Wafa, Ha Do, Augustin Zeba, Cathleen Prata, Beatrice Rogers. Current Developments in Nutrition, Volume 4, Issue Supplement 2, June 2020. https://doi.org/10.1093/cdn/nzaa056_008.
- INDDEX24: An Innovative Global Dietary Assessment Platform to Scale Up the Availability, Access, and Use of Dietary Data. Sarah Wafa, Brooke Colaiezzi, Jerome Some, Winnie Bell, Cathleen Prata, Hallie Perlick, Beatrice Rogers, Jennifer Coates. Current Developments in Nutrition, Volume 4, Issue Supplement 2, June 2020. https://doi.org/10.1093/cdn/nzaa056_027.
- Methods and Design of Cost and Cost-Effectiveness Study to Compare Different Modalities for Collecting Individual-Level 24-Hour Dietary Recalls in Burkina Faso and Viet Nam. Jennifer Coates, Beatrice Rogers, Katherine Adams, Winnie Bell, Jerome Some, Brooke Colaiezzi, Sarah Wafa, and Cathleen Prata. Current Developments in Nutrition, Volume 4, Issue Supplement 2, June 2020. https://doi.org/10.1093/cdn/nzaa056_011.
- Formative Evaluation of Pictorial Methods for Portion Size Estimation in Malawi. Courtney Schnefke, Chrissie Thakwalakwa Kantukule, Mary Muth, John Phuka, Jennifer Coates, Beatrice Rogers, Brooke Colaiezzi, and Valerie Flax. Nutritional Epidemiology, 2,11, November 2018. doi: 10.1093/cdn/nzy045.