Learn more about our tools through exploring our FAQs
The INDDEX24 Dietary Assessment Platform consists of:
- The INDDEX24 Mobile App
- The Global Food Matters Database (FMDB)
- The Survey Management Interface (CommCare HQ)
- The Analytical and Gaps Reports
Conducting a dietary assessment using the INDDEX24 Dietary Assessment Platform requires the use of all components. However, the FMDB may be used independently in the process of assembling, managing and searching for dietary reference data.
In addition to the 24-hour recall module, which is the primary component of the INDDEX24 Mobile App, the INDDEX Project has developed 4 optional supplementary modules that can be used “as is” or contextualized to your survey needs, including: 1) a socio-demographic questionnaire, 2) an anthropometry module, 3) a physical activity questionnaire, and 4) a dietary supplement questionnaire.
Additional modules can be developed in CommCare HQ to complement the INDDEX24 module for 24-recall surveys. In most cases, the development of supplementary modules is very straightforward and can be done directly in CommCare HQ, the INDDEX24 survey management interface. We highly recommend that any person working within the CommCare HQ survey management interface first complete Dimagi’s free, online, self-paced CommCare Fundamentals course.
- Support field preparations, including providing assistance in setting up your instance of the INDDEX24 Mobile App
- Serve as ‘go-to’ resource for technological maintenance and trouble-shooting matters
- Provide training to the trainers of the data collection team on the use of the INDDEX24 platform
- Provide guidance on the preparation and formatting of the dietary reference data to ensure compatibility with the Global FMDB template and cognitive requirements for enumerators and respondents.
- Assist in data monitoring and troubleshooting leading up to and during data collection
- Assist in using the INDDEX24 analytical reporting function to aid in data processing
All food consumption data collected using the INDDEX24 Mobile App are hosted in a HIPAA compliant cloud at an enterprise-grade ISO 27001 compliant data center. Data are secured with at-rest encryption, regular offsite backups, intrusion monitoring, and biometric physical access security.
The process of inputting data into the Global FMDB necessitates the use of the INDDEX24 template. A copy of this template is easily downloadable upon creation of a Global FMDB workspace. The INDDEX team can provide technical assistance during the process of compiling and populating the template with dietary reference data inputs insofar as advising on how to format the dietary reference data to work optimally within the INDDEX24 Dietary Assessment Platform.
The INDDEX Project will not provide financial support for the development of dietary reference data.