Quantity: What is the percentage of people who consume adequate energy in a given population?
- What is the percentage of people who consume adequate energy in a given population?
Program and Policy Questions:
- How can I figure out if the energy available a given country is adequate for the population as a whole? What about for adult women in urban versus in rural areas?
- Prevalence of undernourishment (%)
- Depth of the food deficit (kcal/capita)
- National energy available from non-staples (% kcals non-staples)
- Diversity of foods available in local markets (number of distinct foods or food groups)
- Household Food Insecurity Access Scale (HFIAS)
- Latin American and Caribbean Food Security Scale (ELCSA)
- Food Insecurity Experience Scale (FIES)
- Household Hunger Scale (HHS)
- Household Dietary Diversity Score (HDDS)
- Food Consumption Score (FCS)
- Household share of energy consumed from non-staples (% kcals)
- Dietary energy in food supply (kcal/capita/day)
- Per capita food supply variability (standard deviations of kcal/capita over time)
- Household average dietary energy consumption (kcal/person/day)
- Total individual energy intake (kcal/day)
- Percent of energy comprised of ultra-processed foods (% kcals)